Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Praha

Well I am now in the capital of the Czech Republic. After a long day of travel and a bit of an ordeal. My mother knows about my trouble. I got lost in a not so wonderful part of Prague and finally found my hostel after two hours and just prior to dark. The maps are a little confusing about how the street that I needed to find connects to two other streets.

Today I am able to shed a little more light on why I got so lost. When I exited the train station I believed that I knew exactly which way I needed to go. It turns out that I was exactly right, but at the time my confidence led to a u-turn. That about face led to a tourist help type of agency/shop where I asked a young man if he knew where Husitska street was. He looked up directions for me and told me if I hopped on the tram just across the street that I would be there in one stop. Too bad he looked up and gave me directions to Husinekcha street.

Tuesday turned out better. I visited Prague Castle and St. Vitus's cathedral. In the castle I took in an exhibit about Czech-o-Slovak units in the Russian and French armies from 1914 to 1920. Then I walked back here and then walked to an authentic Czech restaurant for dinner. Quite good.

Tomorrow night I am taking a night train to Krakow, Poland. There I will be couchsurfing. I hope the surf is good.

With all caution, Adam ausfarht.

1 comment:

sarthur said...

Hi Adam,
Bummer about the wrong directions... glad it came out OK. Prague Castle really looks cool in the photos on the net as does St. Vitus's cathedral. It will be fun to see your pictures and hear the stories first hand.

Love,
Uncle Art

Followers